Containers for Change – TOMRA Reverse Vending Machine – Burleigh
149 W Burleigh Rd, Burleigh Heads QLD 4220
Mon-Sat: 7am to 9pm
Sun: 9am to 6pm
Materials: Glass, Plastic, Liquid Paperboard, Aluminium, Steel
Services: Reverse Vending,
Refund Types: Retail Cash Voucher, PayPal, Charity Donation, EFT
Phone: 1300 11 88 88
Get cash for your cans. Located at 149 W Burleigh Rd, Burleigh Heads, our state of the art Reverse Vending Machine is your local hub for returning your eligible containers. We’re open 363 days, including most public holidays, so you can recycle at a time that’s best for you.
Our self-serve Reverse Vending Machines (RVMs) take up to 100 containers per minute and are easy to use. You can get your refund as a retail cash voucher, digitally through the Containers For Change scheme ID, or you can donate it to a charity of your choosing.
Cash Vouchers are available from Reverse Vending Machines (RVM) and are claimable for either cash or discounts at any Woolworths. To collect a retail voucher for your returns, simply put your containers through the Reverse Vending Machine and press the “Voucher” button to collect – no sign-up necessary.
For digital payments, you can now get your refund into your bank or PayPal account. Sign up for a scheme ID from the Containers for Change website, and select your preferred payout method. Once you have signed up, you will receive a Scheme ID Barcode.
- Scan your barcode at the Reverse Vending Machine before you start your session. The scanner is on bottom-right of an RVM.
- Insert your containers
- Select Payout on the screen when you’re done – you will get your refund within 1 business day.
Please note: We ask all of our customers to comply with the public health orders, including wearing a mask and social distancing.
TOMRA Recycling Centres in Geebung, West End, Salisbury, Tingalpa, Ipswich, Varsity Lakes, Kunda Park, Toowoomba, Seventeen Mile Rocks and Crestmead are open 7am – 5pm. Our Bag Drop is a contactless service and our RVMs offer a Touch-Free option too. We kindly ask you to check in on entry. See you soon!
To increase the safety and wellbeing of our customers & team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, we are implementing a number of temporary changes at our TOMRA Recycling Centres in SE QLD:
- We will be closing all of our Recycling Centres for 2 brief periods of 15 mins at 11am and 2.30pm each day – to allow for additional thorough cleaning of our facilities
- We will be restricting the total number of people allowed inside our Recycling Centres at any one time to ensure good social distancing can be maintained by all of our customers – and to comply with Government mandates that prohibit large gatherings
- We are introducing a new traffic flow system at all of our depots – together with clearly marked crosses for people to stand on whilst either using the machines or waiting to use the machines – again to ensure people can practice good social distancing
- We have enabled Touch Free Recycling by reducing the time-out function on our machines from 30 secs to 15 secs and signage at all Recycling Centres clearly explains how to take advantage of this
If you have any further questions on this our friendly team will assist you in the Centre.