Did you know you can donate your Return and Earn refund directly to a charity or community organisation? It’s easy, simply return your containers at any TOMRA Reverse Vending Machine, select “Donate” and choose your preferred charity partner.
APPLY TO BE A DONATION PARTNER
Are you a charity, community organisation, school or sporting club and looking to fundraise? You can apply to be featured on a reverse vending machine where users can donate their refunds. There’s no cost to sign up and charities received 100% of the refund
If you’re interested, find out more and download the application form.
Charity partners are featured on the RVMs for 3 months at a time. This ensures that all charities will be able to get a turn to fundraise through Return and Earn.
Next partnership period: 26th November – 24th February
Applications can be sent throughout the year.
There are two types of donation partners:
- Major donation partner: state-wide or international not-for-profit organisation who will appear as a donation partner on Reverse Vending Machines across all Queensland, and;
- Local donation partner: local, not-for-profit organisation who will appear as a donation partner on Reverse Vending Machine(s) in their local town, suburb, municipality or similar region.
- NSW Major Donation Partner Application Form
- NSW Local Donation Partner Application Form
- Charity Register
Can my organisation apply to be a donation partner?
If your organisation is a school, sporting club, charity, or a not-for-profit community group and you satisfy the eligibility criteria you can apply to become a donation partner. Eligibility criteria is outlined on the application form which can be downloaded from the links above.
How do donation partners get selected to feature on a Reverse Vending Machine?
Donation partners are selected based on a first come, first serve basis for applications that fulfil the eligibility criteria. There are a variety of checks that are completed to ensure each applicant is eligible to become a donation partner. Local organisations must use the funds raised in their local area.
How can I get my charity, school, club or community group raise funds with Return and Earn?
Applicants who fulfil the donation partner criteria can apply to become a donation partner at their local depot on the Reverse Vending Machines. It’s easy to apply
- Go to www.mytomra.com.au to check the eligibility criteria and download your application form.
- Complete the application form and return it along with your supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will be advised of the status of your application as soon as possible.
- If your application is successful you will receive a confirmation email with the dates of your partnership and a standard contract to sign and return.
Donation partners are rotated every 3-months to give as many not-for-profit organisations as possible the opportunity to fundraise through the scheme.
How can my organisation get involved?
Organisations have a variety of ways they can get involved to help raise funds;
- School, sporting club, charity, or a not-for-profit community groups can apply to become a donation partner on a Reverse Vending Machines and receive donations from people using the machine who choose to donate.
- Organisations that have year-round contact with a large community of members (e.g. a school or sporting club) can become a local container collection point. Members of their community can then drop off and donate their eligible containers, equivalent to a 10-cent donation to the organisation.
- Smaller organisations, or those who have more sporadic contact with their community or membership base, may wish to run container collection drives at set times during the year. For example at a local fundraising event members and the wider community would be able to donate their eligible containers.