- What information does TOMRA collect?
- Why does TOMRA collect information about you and how do we use it?
- With whom does TOMRA share your information and why?
- How can you change your privacy preferences or account information?
- What information is collected through integration with social media/third party services?
- The Use Of Third Party Ad Serving Technologies
- Data processors
- Third party links and websites
- Information Security
- Data Retention
- Your rights
- Special Notes on Children’s privacy
- Idea Submission
- Governing Law
- How to Contact Us
What Information Does TOMRA Collect?
A. Information You Provide Voluntarily
- Personally identifiable information (“PII“), such as your name, street address, phone number, or email address, which we require to enroll you as a Member and communicate with you.
- Information about you and your household (such as your age, education, household composition), which we may request to help provide a more personalized experience.
- Online Profile Information. If you choose to create an online profile on our Site, which is optional, you will have the option to upload certain personal information about yourself that you wish to share through your online TOMRA profile (such as hobbies and interests, pictures, text descriptions, friends, and other profile information similar to other social networking communities). You can update your online profile by logging in to your myTOMRA profile at mytomra.com.au, or in the myTOMRA app, and enter Edit profile under the more menu.
B. Information Provided About You From Other Sources
Your participation in some of TOMRA’s Service(s) may lead to us to receive certain additional information about you through third parties. This information may originate from:
- Customer loyalty programs offered by participating retailers or grocers where you recycle containers as part of a TOMRA Program.
- Social media and social networking sites like Facebook or Twitter that you have opted to link to your TOMRA online account through the Site. See Social Media/Third Party Services section below for more information about linking to our Site via social media networks.
- Third party account providers including PayPal to which you transfer payments to in the course of using the Services.
C. Website Browsing Information:
When you visit our Site, we track information to assist us administering the Site and analysing Site usage. This information includes:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address
- The state or country from which you access the Site
- Date and time of your visit to the Site
- The kind of browser or computer you use
- Name of your Internet service provider
- Web pages from which you link to our Site or go to from our Site
- The webpages within our Site you view when visiting our Site
- Geolocation if you access our Site via a mobile device. You will have the option to turn off geolocation on your mobile device, but certain features in our mobile apps may not then work properly for you. As part of website browsing tracking processes described above, we use third-party technology, namely Google Analytics. TOMRA does not knowingly provide Google with any PII as part of using Google Analytics. Further information about the Google Analytics privacy principles can be found at http://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. For example, if you personalize a web page, or navigate within a site, a cookie helps the site to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. Hence, this simplifies the process of delivering relevant content and eases site navigation by providing and saving your preferences and login information as well as providing personalized functionality.
The type of information that may be stored in a cookie includes non-PII about you. Some examples may include a randomly assigned user or session identification number, the country where you are located, and your first name to welcome you back to the site. We reserve the right to share aggregated site statistics with third parties, but will not allow other companies to place cookies on our Site unless there is a temporary, overriding customer value (such as merging into our Site another site that relies on third-party cookies).
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you reject cookies by changing your browser settings then be aware that this may affect the functionality of our Site.
The Cookies used in relation to TOMRA’s Services including Sites and Apps are listed here:TOMRA’s Cookies Version 1. Effective date 7 November 2017.
- Google Analytics
E. Recycling Patterns
In order to participate in any of our various recycling and/or reward Programs, TOMRA may record beverage container recycling habits, redemption habits, and other information about you associated with our Programs. For example, we may record the frequency with which you recycle and the weight or volume of the materials you recycle through our Programs as well as the particular containers that your recycle.
F. When you provide personal information, the information may be sent to servers located in Australia.
Why Does TOMRA Collect Information About You and How Do We Use It?
TOMRA uses the information described above to provide you with a superior Member experience and, as necessary, to administer our business through rewards Programs. For example, we collect various types of information that allow us to:
- Reward Members in our Programs for certain activities including recycling. For example, we may use household recycling data and PII to determine how many Points you have earned in our Programs, or to alert you when you earn Points and to fulfill reward requests.
- Provide a more personalized online experience by using any images and screen names that you may choose to upload to the Site or select to identify you, both to yourself and to other participants, which may include us publicly displaying on our Site your photo and user name in connection with your profile and activities in our Programs.
- Verify your identity.
- Promote partners and vendors who support our various Programs.
- Conduct research and perform analysis in order to measure, maintain, protect, develop, and improve services to Members.
- Administer sweepstakes, contests, promotions, or surveys.
- Communicate with you about special offers, events, new products or services, or surveys.
- Provide you with information about products and services from us and others, and also to enable trusted marketing partners to communicate with you about their products/services.
With Whom Does TOMRA Share Your Information and Why?
Except as otherwise described below, TOMRA will not share your PII with others.
A. With your Consent: We may share or disclose your PII with third parties with your express consent. Should an event arise which we deem appropriate to obtain your express consent, we will contact you directly using the contact information we have on file for you. It is important that you maintain all your information with us current and accurate.
C. Participating Retailers. If you elect to participate in a Program offering integration into a participating retailers or grocer loyalty program, information about you and your recycling activities may be shared with the retailer/grocer.
D. Business Transfers: In the event we sell or transfer our business or assets, including as part of any bankruptcy, our databases may be transferred to the new owner/successor.
E. Legal Compliance: We may disclose your PII if we are required to comply with a law, regulation or legal request such as a subpoena from a court; to protect the safety of any of our Site users, any person or the general public; to address fraud, security or technical issues; or to protect TOMRA’s rights or property.
F. Trusted Marketing Partners: From time to time, we may share information about you with trusted third parties for them to market to you goods or services we think may be of interest to you. In order for us to do so, we will ask you for permission. If you wish to opt out from such sharing, you can do so under “Edit profile”.
H. Non-Personal Aggregate Data: We may provide aggregated anonymous information concerning member usage of our Site to third parties for any purpose not prohibited by law.
How Can You Change Your Privacy Preferences or Account Information?
A. To modify your preferences for receipt of marketing messages from TOMRA and/or our continued sharing of information about you with third parties for marketing purposes, you can update your account profile and communication preferences at any time through the Edit profile tools on the Site or by contacting TOMRA’s Customer Care Call Center as indicated below under Contact Us on the “More” page. Promotional emails from TOMRA also will generally include an unsubscribe link to opt-out from future promotional emails from TOMRA.
B. Even if you opt out of receiving marketing messages, TOMRA will still send specific administrative notices that are required by law, regulation, or as needed to service your Account, including but not limited to notices about your Program activity such as earning of Points and redemption of Rewards.
C. We encourage you to keep your information with us current and up to date. You can make corrections, updates or deletions to your account information by accessing your online profile and visiting the Edit profile Section of the Site.
What Information Is Collected Through Integration With Social Media/Third Party Services?
C. We cannot ensure the security of any information you choose to make public on social media sites. Also, we cannot ensure that parties who have access to such publicly available information will respect your privacy. Please exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal information in these areas. To request removal of your personal information from any blog or community forum we may offer, contact us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
The Use Of Third Party Ad Serving Technologies
The Site and Apps use third party ad serving technology that use certain methods to collect information as a result of ad serving through Services. Information collected will as a main rule not be personal identifiable.
TOMRA reserves the right to use and disclose the collected data for purposes of advertising through Services or TOMRA’s partners and contractors.
- TOMRA Cleanaway Pty Limited
- PayPal Australia Pty Limited
TOMRA uses Data Processors which processes PII on TOMRA’s behalf for the purposes of providing the Services and in accordance with a written data processing agreement.
TOMRA uses third party providers who process personal data on TOMRAs behalf for the purposes of providing the Services. They can be found here:TOMRA’s Data Processors Version 1. Effective date 7 November 2017.
- Microsoft Azure
Third Party Links and Websites
TOMRA processes personal data in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles, and follows generally accepted industry standards to maintain appropriate technical and organizational security measures.
Please note that some data may be further retained if necessary to resolve disputes, enforce Terms of Service and comply with technical and legal requirements and constraints related to the security, integrity and operation of Services.
You have the right to review, update or correct your personal data in TOMRA’s possession. You also have the right to withdraw your consent to processing of personal data at all times, and to request that your personal data are being deleted. Note that you can make corrections, updates or deletions to your account information by accessing your online profile and visiting the Edit profile Section of the Site. We may provide you with access unless there is an exception that applies under the Australian Privacy Principles.
TOMRA will need sufficient information from you to establish your identity and to verify your access request, and also to assist us in handling your request.
Special Note About Children’s Privacy
This Site is a general audience Site. Our content is neither directed toward minors nor children who are under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If TOMRA learns that TOMRA has inadvertently gathered personal data from children under 13 years of age, TOMRA will take reasonable measures to promptly delete such personal data from TOMRA’s records.
Parents who have questions about personal information that they suspect may have been submitted by a child under the age of 13 should email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
All unsolicited information (other than your PII) that you provide to TOMRA through our Site or through other means (such as by posting to any public areas of the Site or sending us ideas for new services or modifications to our services) is deemed non-confidential and we are free to reproduce, use, disclose, and distribute any of this unsolicited information to others without limitation or attribution.
Contact Us and Complaints