We’ve brought TEN modern Containers for Change Recycling Centres to Queensland so you can get a 10c refund for your eligible containers.
We’re proud to be a container refund point operator for the Queensland Containers For Change scheme (CoEx). Our 10 state-of-the-art modern Recycling Centres are designed to handle returns of all sizes, from small-scale returns to large bulk deposits, and allow customers to claim their refund either in cash vouchers, or direct to their bank or PayPal account through their scheme ID. Each Recycling Centre is be equipped with 9-15 TOMRA reverse vending machines and bag drop facilities to ensure claiming your 10c refund is fast, family-friendly, and more rewarding.
TOMRA Recycling Centres in Geebung, West End, Salisbury, Tingalpa, Ipswich, Varsity Lakes, Kunda Park, Toowoomba, Seventeen Mile Rocks and Crestmead are open 7am – 5pm. Our Bag Drop is a contactless service and our RVMs offer a Touch-Free option too. Masks remain mandatory and we kindly ask you to check in on entry. See you soon!
Each Containers for Change Recycling Centre is equipped with 9-15 TOMRA Reverse Vending Machines (RVMs). Our reverse vending machines can process up to 100 containers per minute, ensuring your returns are quick and easy. In addition, our RVMs remove the need to pre-sort your empty drink containers and are 100% accurate.
You can get your recycling refund in a variety of ways including:
- Cash voucher
- Discount off your shopping
- As a charity donation (via Scheme ID)
- Direct bank transfer (via Scheme ID)
- Direct into your PayPal account (via Scheme ID)
Our modern Recycling Centres are world-class, making us the fast, family-friendly, and rewarding way to recycle. Our facilities are indoors and air-conditioned for your comfort, and we provide trolleys and ample parking for your convenience. We’ve worked hard to ensure each recycling centre is clean and tidy, to guarantee your recycling experience is the best it can be!
The QLD Container Deposit Scheme is designed to reduce litter across Queensland by allowing customers to return their eligible drink containers for a 10c refund.
To increase the safety and wellbeing of our customers & team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, we are implementing a number of temporary changes at our TOMRA Recycling Centres in SE QLD:
- We will be closing all of our Recycling Centres for 2 brief periods of 15 mins at 11am and 2.30pm each day – to allow for additional thorough cleaning of our facilities
- We will be restricting the total number of people allowed inside our Recycling Centres at any one time to ensure good social distancing can be maintained by all of our customers – and to comply with Government mandates that prohibit large gatherings
- We are introducing a new traffic flow system at all of our depots – together with clearly marked crosses for people to stand on whilst either using the machines or waiting to use the machines – again to ensure people can practice good social distancing
- We have enabled Touch Free Recycling by reducing the time-out function on our machines from 30 secs to 15 secs and signage at all Recycling Centres clearly explains how to take advantage of this
If you have any further questions on this our friendly team will assist you in the Centre.