Want to receive your recycling refunds digitally? The free myTOMRA app gives a fast, secure, and convenient payout of your container deposit refund.
Return and Earn (NSW) and Northern Territory recyclers can receive their refund quickly and securely through PayPal or E-voucher, or donate it to a charity of their choosing. They can also use the app to find their nearest recycling location, see the Live Status of their preferred RVM, or track their recycling achievements.
Please note that the myTOMRA App is not available in WA or QLD. To get a digital refund in QLD or WA, please sign up for a Containers For Change Scheme ID barcode.
How to create a myTOMRA profile
- Download the myTOMRA app from the iTunes App Store or Google Play (or visit app.mytomra.com.au).
- Select “Login” and choose to register to create a myTOMRA profile using your email address. Alternatively, you can log in using your existing PayPal account.
- If you chose to login via email, you can choose your payout method in the menu. If you choose PayPal, you will need to link your PayPal account.
How to use the myTOMRA App at a reverse vending machine
You can use the myTOMRA app at any Return and Earn reverse vending machine in New South Wales or at our TOMRA Recycling Centre in Coconut Grove, NT. Find your closest location.
- Scan your personal myTOMRA app barcode at the reverse vending machine. You will see your name on the machine screen.
- Return your empty containers for recycling.
- When you are finished, tap the Payout button on the reverse vending machine screen. Your recycling refunds will be available in your myTOMRA profile as an E-voucher, as a PayPal payout, or as a Charity Donation, depending on your payout preferences.
Payout via PayPal is available as an option, providing a quick refund that can be used to transfer directly into your bank account, send money to friends, or to make online purchases.
To get your refund through PayPal, first set your payout method as a PayPal – The app will ask you to link your account if you haven’t done so already.
E-vouchers allow you to store your retail cash vouchers securely in the myTOMRA App. To get your refund as an E-voucher, first set your payout method as a Digital Voucher.
When you’re at the TOMRA Recycling Centre, scan your barcode at the Reverse Vending Machine, make your returns, and select the Payout option. The E-voucher will appear in your myTOMRA app and can be claimed from the listed redemption partner.
You can donate your recycling refund directly to a charity of your choice. To begin, select the “Charities” menu, and find the charity you prefer. Simply set that charity as your preferred payout method and you’re good to go.
When you’re at the TOMRA RVM simply scan your barcode, make your returns, and select the Payout option. Your refund will be donated directly to your chosen charity. You can view all of your past and pending donations in the Refunds section of the app.
You can now check the live status of your preferred Return and Earn Reverse Vending Machine – perfect for checking if an your local return point is open or closed before you make your trip.
- Open the myTOMRA app on your phone, laptop or tablet – make sure you’re logged in.
- Select the Locations tab – this will take you to the map.
- Select the map marker for your preferred RVM – this will bring up the live status screen.
- There you can view the real-time status of the Glass and Lightweight lanes. Lanes are colour coded; green for open, amber for almost full, red for temporarily unavailable, and black for when the kiosk is outside of operational hours.
The myLOCATION feature lets you quickly view the live status of your preferred Reverse Vending Machine on your profile screen.
- Open the Locations tab and browse the map for your preferred location – select the map marker for your desired RVM.
- Select the star icon on the bottom of the status screen to mark this location as “myLOCATION”.
- When you’re next on your home screen, you’ll be able to see the live status of your selected favourite
Badges and Achievements
You can now earn achievements and badges from your recycling efforts. Every time you scan your myTOMRA App barcode at a TOMRA Reverse Vending Machine and recycle your containers, your efforts will go towards earning new badges. You can now be rewarded for:
- The number of containers that you recycle
- Recycling at unique locations
- Having a certain amount of recycling sessions
- Recycling large amounts of containers in a single session
- And so many more…